Justice prevailed; collaboration to demonize defeated; and legitimacy of Iranian Resistance proved

  • Print
  • Email

After 11 years investigations, the French counterterrorism investigative judge drops all charges against POMI/MeK

On September 16, 2014 the counterterrorism investigative judge of Paris Public Prosecutor’s Office ordered an end to prosecution of an infamous dossier that had been opened 14 years ago against the PMOI/MeK in a deal with the Iranian regime and permanently closed the file. The case was opened with the absurd allegation of terrorism and financing terrorism, but in the absence of any terrorism-related evidence it was diverted to financial charges such as money laundering and fraud.

On 17 June 2003, by employing the contemptible pretense of terrorism, 1300 policemen raided in Paris the Offices of the National Council of Resistance (NCR) and the houses of the Iranian exiles affiliated to NCRI. During the attack 164 people were arrested but they were all released shortly afterwards and 24 were put under prosecution. After a thorough inspection of the NCRI’s offices, where no illegal item were found, the head of the French intelligence agency known as DST admitted at the time to the fact that no weapons were found in the premises.

The investigative magistrate, while rejecting the allegation of terrorism against the PMOI reiterated: “It should be said that the National Council of Resistance of Iran, the PMOI, and the National Liberation Army of Iran, all form a collective body with the objective of overthrowing the regime ruling Iran.” He underscored that based on “judicial investigation” the resistance’s methods to achieve this objective have “either been political (like disseminating information, drawing attention, lobbying, utilizing various latitudes)”, or “by using a real army, the National Liberation Army of Iran”, and “or has included military operations inside of Iran, for which the PMOI has claimed responsibility,” and “in the dossier there is no evidence pointing towards any armed operation that has targeted civilians deliberately.” The judge added that what is in the dossier “does not allow that military operations be equated to terrorist acts. In French laws, a military attack that leads to clashes between armed forces, cannot be described as terrorism.”

Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, President-elect of the Iranian Resistance, said: From the outset, this infamous dossier was the by-product of a disgraceful collaboration with the religious fascism ruling Iran aimed at “destroying” the just and democratic resistance of the Iranian people for toppling the clerical regime that is the godfather of terrorism and fundamentalism in our world today.

Experts from a sellection of media reports on decision by French Judiciary to fully vindicate PMOI/MeK- As follows

 

Download attachments:
Tagged under

External Links

Two Misguided Reports

  • HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH Report
    HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH Report
    On 18 May 2005, the US based Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) issued a 28-page report (“the HRW Report”) concerning the People's Mojahedin Organisation of Iran (“PMOI / MEK”).  Entitled ‘No Exit: Human Rights Abuses Inside the MKO Camps’, the HRW Report was essentially based on 12 hours of telephone interviews with 12…
  • Courting Disaster, A response to Rand report on People’s Mujahedin Organization of Iran
    Courting Disaster, A response to Rand report on People’s Mujahedin Organization of Iran
    The RAND National Defense Research Institute published in July 2009 the report The Mujahedin-e Khalq: A Policy Conundrum for the Multi-National Force-Iraq, Task Force 134 (Detainee Operations). The report focuses on the circumstances surrounding the detention of the Mujahedin-e Khalq (MeK) at Camp Ashraf and “whether MeK members were taken into custody…