Iran regime involved in Saudi Embassy attack: Leaked audio

Dec 19
  • Print
In this Jan. 3, 2016, file photo, smoke rises as Iranian protesters set fire to the Saudi Embassy in Tehran. — AP
In this Jan. 3, 2016, file photo, smoke rises as Iranian protesters set fire to the Saudi Embassy in Tehran. — AP

 Saudi Gazette

Monday, 19 December 2016

Dubai — A leaked audio has established Iran regime’s direct involvement in the attack on Saudi Embassy in Tehran earlier this year.
The mastermind of the Saudi embassy attack has confessed that he carried out the mission after the Iranian government and leaders gave him a green light, according to the recording published by Amad News through the Telegram app, which has become the opposition Green Movement’s platform.
The audio recording, which is reported to have been revealed by sources close to the opposition Green Movement inside Iran recently, also explains why authorities in Iran have delayed the trial of those who carried out the attack.
Alleged mastermind of the attack Hassan Kurdmihan, an extremist cleric, can be heard in a series of calls as he directed members of the Basij and revolutionary guards to burn and destroy the embassy and seize all documents inside it.
Kurdmihan can be heard telling his followers: “The attack has been carried out upon a green light from the government and the regime. This is why security forces allowed raiding the embassy and did not act (against us).”
He is also heard talking to members of the Noor-e-Marefat institution, a lobbying party which he heads. The Noor-e Marefat institution includes Basij members.
Kurdmihan had earlier confessed to being the mastermind behind the attack and inciting members whom he described as “the revolutionary sons of Hezbollah” from the Basij and revolutionary guards.
He had also spoken about the “collusion” of Iranian President Hassan Ruhani’s government which he claimed did not prevent the attack on the embassy but rather facilitated it.
In an open letter directed to Ruhani in August, Kurdmihan said: “The government’s collusion in the attack was clear as it would have been able to prevent the attackers if it had wanted to,” adding that “the attackers were expected to be beaten up by police and security forces.”
The Saudi embassy in Tehran was attacked in January. Two weeks after the attack, Iranian judicial authorities said they interrogated Kurdmihan based on accusations that he incited the attack. However, they neither detained nor arrested him.

Tagged under
Published in News
Last modified on Monday, 19 December 2016 11:46

External Links

Two Misguided Reports

  • HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH Report
    HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH Report
    On 18 May 2005, the US based Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) issued a 28-page report (“the HRW Report”) concerning the People's Mojahedin Organisation of Iran (“PMOI / MEK”).  Entitled ‘No Exit: Human Rights Abuses Inside the MKO Camps’, the HRW Report was essentially based on 12 hours of telephone interviews with 12…
  • Courting Disaster, A response to Rand report on People’s Mujahedin Organization of Iran
    Courting Disaster, A response to Rand report on People’s Mujahedin Organization of Iran
    The RAND National Defense Research Institute published in July 2009 the report The Mujahedin-e Khalq: A Policy Conundrum for the Multi-National Force-Iraq, Task Force 134 (Detainee Operations). The report focuses on the circumstances surrounding the detention of the Mujahedin-e Khalq (MeK) at Camp Ashraf and “whether MeK members were taken into custody…